This is Aloe Vera. I think most of us are familiar with this plant. It grows all over the place, at least I know it does here, in Malaysia.When I met aloe vera for the first time(I was just a little girl then) I thought the plant was poisonous, with spikes and all. Later I found out it was widely used for skin problems. And the next thing I know, aloe vera juices were starting to appear in the market. This stuff has got to be good, since it's now a beverage, even it does not look appealing(to me).
Well, but you can never judge a book by its cover. This plant offers tremendous benefits that we may have not noticed, this is proven when it's growing right in your backyard and is neglected.
So,lets learn about this Aloe Vera and maybe we should start to appreciate its benefits.
Here is what Aloe Vera has to offer:
- Skin care! Aloe vera works well for burns,scars,cuts,and all sort of skin lesions( I don't guarantee it 100%). It is said to hasten wound healing effectively and cools burnt skin. This is why you can find it in body wash, lotions and creams. If you want to you could just scoop out the gel beneath the skin of the plant and make use of it just like you would with creams.
- Promotes moisture retention for dry skin. Use it as facial mask.
- It helps with digestion problems.Having stomach upsets? Heartburn? constipation? irritable bowel syndrome(IBS)?Aloe Vera can help you. It has the ability improve digestive tracts and solve your tummy aches and because it does help with cuts, it could also be beneficial for ulcers of the digestive tract.
- Soothes pain and swelling for inflammatory diseases and arthritis.Did you know that Aloe Vera is an anti-inflammatory agent, capable of reducing inflammation in swelling joints as well as repair damaged tissues. The usual western medication for arthritis pain would only ease inflammation without promoting cell repair.Apply gel externally or consume it in juice or whatever form that is suitable for human digestion.
- Its great for the immune system.Aloe Vera is packed with enzymes, amino acids,antioxidants and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, C, D & E. It stimulates as well as boosting the immune system and prevents cancer.
- Upon regular consumption, aloe vera helps to retard the formation of age-related diseases, such as diabetes, heart problems, hypertension,dementia and premature cells aging.
- Purifies the blood.It enhances blood health, regulates hemoglobin,white blood cells and platelet production.
- Dilates blood vessels, thus increasing blood flow and enhance the use of iron,assisting quality generation of blood cells.
- Improves memory nerve transmission, and balances the function of central nervous system. Also it prevents Parkinson's and migraine headaches.
- Cuts down blood cholesterol level.
You could find many sorts of aloe creams, supplements and even tablets at the local pharmacies, but it'll be the best to take it straight from the nature as processing would probably cut out on the nutrient value and affect the plants capability.
The gel could be taken right beneath the skin of the Aloe Vera plant and if you'd prefer to take it in juice form, just mix a spoon of the gel with water and gulp it down. No hassle.