|Chocolate & Vanilla pudding|
This is the time to DROOL...Yummy! Yeay! I bet everyone enjoys(at least everyone I've met) & floats away with passion once that spoonful of pudding dissolves ever so smoothly into your delicate taste buds and brings a spark of joy into your day. It sounds like a line from a fantasy novel. But it's just one great dessert to enjoy. And I can't help myself, but to share it to the world. So that we all could enjoy it, no guilt of indulging in it all alone.
If you're wondering what does pudding has anything to do with health,let me enlighten you. Since I am totally am forever in love with this particular dessert, I've searched every nook & cranny for a healthy choice, and guess what? I found it. It may not be the healthiest or the tastiest kind of food but it bring satisfaction to that craving, relieves stress(does it?),acting as a comfort food and here I'll share a recipe with all of you, it's far more healthier to make your own pudding. Buying an instant pack or ready-to-eat puddings are no good as they might come with extras; additives, colorings, flavors and a lot more from where these stuff came from.
So, want to pamper yourself? Let's get it started:-
What you need
- 3 cups brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2 1/2 cups milk.
- 4 large egg yolks.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- (**For Chocolate pudding,add 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.**)
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl, put aside.
- On very low fire, mix together sugar,cornstarch & salt. Off heat. Continue whisking. (**Gradually add cocoa if you're making chocolate pudding**).
- Whisk in egg yolks.
- Put on medium heat, continue to whisk until bubbles starts to form, reduce heat.
- Continue whisking for 1 minute.
- Remove from fire, directly pour into the earlier prepared sieved bowl.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Place a plastic wrap over the bowl,let chill.(At least for 3 hours or more).
- To serve,whisk pudding slowly and Bon appetite!
|Enjoy it with cakes, fresh fruits or simply by itself.|