For me smoking is a waste and a massive wastage(does this word even exist?) it is for the health.
Smoking is the worst abuse one could do to their bodies, but these days the incidence of smoking is higher than before and it starts younger. Kids watching adults smoke and think it's cool , they think they'll look older, they think they'll look like Superman, probably, and the next thing they try it out, introducing the activity among friends and along comes addiction.
It's really hard to preach the youth to quit or event to not smoke when they see with their own bare eyes that these older, supposedly wiser generation are smoking. I have no idea how to set up a campaign for 'no smoking'..
What I continuously hear from people around me is smokers won't quit until they themselves call it quits. No persuasion, advice or slow talks will do them good. What we can do is hope and pray that they will come to their senses and cease this disastrous habit.
Anyone who've succeed in quitting smoking, please do share your tips for others who are willing to give it up smoking who've tried but to no avail.
Whatever it is, I just want to share the harmful effects of smoking and the it's smog:
- Gives you BAD breath
- Yellow teeth
- Breathing problems, chest spasms
- Impaired digestion
- Corrodes stomach linings, increasing risk for ulcers
- Increase the risk for cancers, especially mouth and lung cancer
- Greatly deprived of Vitamin C and essential nutrients
- Disturbs heart rhythm and increase blood pressure
- Increase viscosity(thickens) of the blood , slowing blood flow and limiting optimization of oxygen distribution to tiny capillaries eventually leads to the need for amputation in the case of total blockage of blood flow
- Causes emphysema, damages alveoli cells (tiny cells responsible for gaseous exchange in the lungs), impairs breathing and little chance for recovery
- Hardens blood vessels, burdening the heart