(Psssst; this is one heart-healthy recipe, isn't this just great?)
Ingredients for healthy oatmeal pancakes with honey
- A cup of milk (if you've got lactose intolerance, substitute with water)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats or oatmeal
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- A drop of vanilla essence
- Sugar (according to your preference)
- salt (according to your preference)
- Honey or apple sauce for topping (but I have no idea how to make apple sauce so I'll go for honey instead)
- Heat up milk, and add the oats,when done set aside.
- Beat eggs till fluffy with a mixer, you could use a whisk if you like.
- Next, mix in the flour, baking powder, sugar,salt and cinnamon into the milk-oats mixture and mix well.
- Add the fluffed up eggs and fold in the batter until all ingredients blends in well.
- heat up the pan, use butter if you like, grape seed oil,canola or virgin coconut oil(best choice for heating purposes).
- Drop some pancake batter into the pan, cook both sides until golden-brown.
- Ready to serve, pour some honey instead of maple syrup. Honey is way better and healthier than maple syrup. Finally, enjoy!