- Hydrating, contains up to 90% of water.
- Packed with vitamins A, B, C and D.
- Full of minerals; Carbohydrate( provides energy), potassium(balances the nervous system), Calcium(Healthy bones), phosphorus(also for bones), protein(makes up cells) and iron(for blood).
- Considered a therapeutic remedy for fever, diarrhea, scurvy and edema(due to heart.kidney problem).
- Contains anti-oxidants that strengthen immunity.
- Filled with antiviral components(naturally occurring) that's useful in gut health and retards proliferation of viruses.
My first experience with cranberry juice was a shocker, I never expected the sourness, but as time goes by it's really no big deal, mix it with water to dilute it's sourness.
Cranberry juice is widely known to be effective in treating viral infection, in this case specifically for those suffering from UTI (urinary tract infection).
- It's high acidity level kills off viruses/bacteria and prevents them from adhering onto the mucosa lining of the bladder. The viruses then will be excreted through urination.
- Effectively suppresses helicobacter pylori(h.pylori) infections. ( the major cause of peptic and gastric ulcers)
- Reduce cholesterol level. Increasing the HDL(high density lipoprotein) and reducing the LDL(low density lipoprotein). Which significantly plays a role in heart health.
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones.
- It's phytochemical compounds fights of herpes virus. This compound also helps to prevent cancer and plays a role in anti aging processes.
- Protects against macular degeneration, an eye disorder that usually affects the elder. (Many kinds of berries serves the function in preserving healthy sight)
- Removes dental plaque.
- Improves respiratory infection.
- Prevents osteoporosis, and is said to eliminate cellulite problems.
Craving for snacks? Snack on these instead, they're usually taste sweeter than the juice and made perfect for chews. You can also add it into your salad, pancake mix, oats or yogurt to cheer things up.
FYI sometimes they're called 'craisins'.
Just like dried apricots, dried cranberries contains richer source of nutrients compared to the fresh ones.
- They are high in fiber which relieves constipation problems and balancing blood cholesterol level. Did you know that cranberries plays a role in maintaining a lady's health? Well, apart from UTI(which commonly occurs in children and 80% of women), it keeps the skin healthy and looks vibrantly healthy.
- Contains high levels of vitamin E- keeps skin healthy, an antioxidant, anti inflammatory agent, improves blood flow and improves blood quality.
- They boost immunity.
- Maintains a healthy cardiovascular system.
- They too, are beneficial in combating against UTI.
- Reduce damages by free radicals.
- Offers protection against nervous system disorders, such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.