Why are we talking chicken soup today? The flu season has come with its associates, cold and coughs. Having a well-made soup can help our body recover rapidly.
Here I have some wonderful chicken soups recipe that you can try to prepare at home. So lets play chef for the day and diminish that flu.
Classic chicken soup
What ingredients needed?
- the most important is of course, the chicken. (use any parts you like,this recipe is for one whole chicken but you may alter it according to your preferance)
- 1Kg of carrots(chopped into cubes)
- 1Kg of celery(chopped into cubes)
- 4 cloves of garlic(crushed) *Note: slicing up garlic increase the loss of its nutrients.
- Few shakes of cayenne pepper and a tablespoon of chopped ginger.
- Salt & black pepper for an oomph.
- Boil chicken in a pot of boiling water.
- Reduce heat, skim raising foams.
- add carrots & celery.
- Let it simmer(takes up to 3-4 hours), top up water if necessary.
- Add garlic,peppers and salt.
- bon appétit!
garlic is an antiviral,kick out viruses and boosts immunity.
Note*Too thicken soup texture(if you like it thick) scoop out the veggies, blend and put it back into the soup,mix well.
Okay,here's another recipe:- Garlic Chicken soup
- One whole chicken.
- One bulb of garlic(yes,the whole thing),peeled.
- a handful of finely chopped parsley and cilantro.
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped mint leaves.
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped basil.
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Bring water and chicken to boil,let simmer for a few hours.
- Next,mix all the ingredients into the broth.(Skimmed first)
- You can now scoop out everything( exclude the chicken) give it a blend and mix it back into the soup.
- Let it simmer, and it's done. Easy isn't it?