So,let's get started.What do we need?(makes 8)
- 60gm butter
- 100gm brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1, 1/2 cups flour(sifted)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3/4 tablespoon gelatine
- 150gm dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius.
- For the biscuits : Place butter and brown sugar in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla,mix well. Fold in sifted flour. Place mixture on a lightly floured surface and roll out to 5mm thickness.Cut out 16 circles with a 6cm round biscuit cutter and place on a lightly greased oven tray. Bake until golden and cooked. Set aside to cool.
- For the marshmallow ;Mix caster sugar and water in a saucepan, next sprinkle in some gelatine powder. Stir over low heat until sugar and gelatine dissolve. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Remove and let cool. When almost cold, pour mixture into a bowl, add vanilla and beat with a mixer for 3-4 minutes until mixture is very thick.
- Fill in the marshmallow mixture into a piping bag, cut a bit off the edge and pipe it onto the biscuits(If you like to,you can add a drop of raspberry or strawberry jam in the center) .
- Top it off with another layer of biscuit and you're done!
- Oops another thing, pour the melted chocolate on the marshmallow-biscuit sandwich, let it cool. Now we're really done.