Let's discover the health benefits offered by figs:-
- A great snacking substitute, energy-providing, packed with nutrients and fiber, improves gut and prevents constipation.
- Healthy bones, figs is high in calcium.
- Regulates blood pressure and prevents hypertension.
- Weight loss, it's fibrous content helps to eliminate excess fat thus reducing weight, however when taken with milk may cause weight gain.
- Prevents colon cancer, again attribution to the fiber in the figs, it keep the colon healthy and cut the risks for cancer to develop.
- Antioxidant properties, rich in poltphenols, flavonoids and anthocyanins which are beneficial for preventing premature cell death, premature aging and wards counter free radical damages.
- Also contains water, carbohydrates, protein, essential vitamins and minerals. Recommended highly for kids and pregnant women to gain sufficient nutrient for growth purposes.
- Reduce inflammation, notably in the mouth, gastrointestinal system and lungs.
Figs Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 10 figs(any type will do), finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Bring to boil on medium heat: A cup of water and brown sugar, mix until sugar is fully dissolved, wait for the mixture to thicken.
- Turn off heat add in the figs, butter and lemon juice.
- Ready to serve. (eat warm with pancakes and let col before enjoying it with ice-cream)
Thank you for reading.