So, now I know better, and I tried out the avocado(finally..), it isn't that bad, it's a bit oily and tastes buttery, it gets better when made into a salad. If you haven't try it already, I suggest you do.
Now, the best part, the health benefits!:-
- Lowers cholesterol, thanks to it's omega 3 fatty acid content.
- Improves heart health, again because of the omega 3 fatty acid, glutathione and Vitamin E.
- Prevents oral, breast & prostate cancer. It contains oleic acid which is related in preventing cancerous cells from sprouting.
- It has a high level of caroteid lutein, which is beneficial in eye health.
- Makes a great baby food, as it contains protein and essential fats to enhance the baby's development.
- Contains fiber, that is associated with relieving constipation, lowers the risk for cardiovascular diseases, and for a healthy gut.
- A great substitute for butter or spreads to assist weight loss, also capable of working in contra, to help weight gain.
- It's content of folate, glutathione and potassium plays a role in balancing out blood pressure.
- Contains antioxidants, vitamins E and C to prevent premature aging and cataract formation.
- Healthy skin! Due to it's oils, it has become one of the most potent sunscreen, strengthening skin's structure, stimulates collagen production, reduce wrinkles, and improves skin's texture.
- It's oil penetration and efficiency in transportating nutrients into the skin beats almond, olive & soy oil.
- Contains polyphenols and flavonoids, both plays a vital role as anti inflammatory agents, subduing inflammation and curbs degenerative disorders.
- Regulates blood sugar level.
- Increases nutrient absorption.
- Cures bad breath.