Everyone will face a moment struggle, and it's really just a tiny matter, unless we let it become big. Bear in mind that you are not the only one dealing with difficulties and challenges, everyone has to go through it and some have even worse agendas on their list. Don't make a fuss over small matters. Problems do have resolutions and hardship are meant to strengthen our souls.
Emotions aren't great leaders, and at times of heart aches or faced with calamities, it maneuvers terribly. And allowing it to guide you, seems far from wisdom.
What are considered challenges?
- Death of a loved one
- So much to be mentioned
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعون
For with these words are reminders that will help us to control our emotions, keeps our sanity attached and insyaAllah, let's us let go of grudges and regrets, as they all are just tests that every each of us have and will go through. When these words are said. they are reminders, telling you that everything in this world is not owned by you or by anyone else and you will leave it all one day, including your own present physical body. All of it will leave you, and what's left is your deeds and how they will take you into the next stage of life.
Say these words to wash away that heart-aching stress, mind-bursting thoughts, those fire-burning anger, those emotional driven depression, whatever it may be, whatever obstacles, go through them with ease, pray and remember that to focus and stress yourself up is useless and often leads to no solution.
Here I'd like to add some snips off the website iqrasense.(Dealing with challenges & difficulty)
- Emotional response to difficulty or calamity is normal, however it is needed to be channeled appropriately, if not they'll manifest negatively within our personalities and affects our lives generally. Studies proved that emotionally-reactive individuals confronting, even minor challenges in their lives are prone to increased physical problems and diseases.
- In such situations, the Prophet(Pbuh) urge us to practice patience. 
- Emotions can lead to the development of a victimized mindset. In ignorance your episodes of teary saga may be the anchor weighing you down and prevent you from moving forward.
- A weak faith may cause us questioning the unfairness(as we may call it) when we should really constantly tell ourselves to believe in al-qadr(Allah's divine will & decree) as it is one of the pillars of Islam.
- The "If-only" trap. Don't say this, you can't go back to the future and by saying this shows disgruntled.. This only leads to frustrations, especially as we can't go back to undone the mistakes we've made.
- Don't put the blame on others. Define the problem, look and mange your mistakes first, before noticing what wrong has others done.
- Communicate with Allah, pray to Him. Bring yourself closer to Him, InsyaAllah miracles do happen. Be patience and grateful.
- When making options, perform the isthikarah prayer and seek the best guidance from Allah SWT. This may be the best way out possible.
--------------------->Quran, salat, patience
---->Patience and it's benefits
----------->Act of gratitude
QS: Al-Baqarah (2: 156);
(156) الَّذِينَ إِذَا أَصَابَتْهُم مُّصِيبَةٌ قَالُواْ إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ(156): "Who when disasters/calamities strikes them, say, "Indeed, to Allah we belong, and to Him we will return"
 Al-Tirmidzi al-Baihaqi in al-sunan al-Qubra: classed by hasan al-Albaani, When The Prophet's son, Ibrahim was dying and tears filled His eyes, Abd al-Rahman ibn Awf said: "Are you weeping, when you forbidden us to weep?" The Prophet(pbuh) replied: "I do not forbid weeping. What I have forbidden is two foolish and eveil kinds of voices: the voices at times of entertainment and play and the flutes of shaytaan and the voices at times of calamity and the scratching the face and the rending of garments and screaming".
QS: Al-Hadeed(57:22): "No calamity befalls the earth or in yourselves but it is inscribed in the book of degree (LAUH AL MAHFUZH) before we bring it into existence, verily that is easy for Allah(SWT)"
HS Muslim: "...if anything befalls you, do not say"if only I had done(such,and such...) then such and such will happen", instead say"Allah has decreed and what He wills He does, for "if only" opens the door to shaytaan".